When it comes to trading your TF2, DOTA, CS:GO or any other in-game skins for cash, you have a pretty big chance to get scammed if you are new. That's why we are working on a system that will make all trades 100% secure for both sellers and buyers. Until then, we strongly encourage all new cash traders to read the tips below on how to sell your virtual goods as safely as possible:
1. Always check if your trading partner is listed as a scammer on SteamRep.com. Also an additional verification of his activity by doing a Google search of his SteamID64, email address wouldn't hurt.
2. Never do cash trades in a hurry, when you're tired or if your gut tells you that something's shady (the other party has a relatively new Steam account, a low level, only a few hours played, etc).
3. As a seller, you should use a service that won't allow the buyer to charge back for his money after he receives your items; if your buyer doesn't want to send the money first, use a middleman from SteamRep or ask the admin of this community for help.
4. If you use a midleman for your trade, make sure the person who ads you and refers to himself as a middleman is not an impersonator! Make sure that the user's profile or steamID64 matches the real one (Eg: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197960487391).
5. In case you want to sell using Paypal, you should know that the cash you receive can be charged back, and you have a very small chance to win a dispute. If you are willing to take this risk, you should check the things below:
5.2 Before the trade takes place, send an email with a trade summary (steamID64 involved in trade, items, total price) to that Paypal email and ask your buyer to reply to the email you sent him with his approval.
6. We strongly recommend the use of a service that won't give your buyer the possibility to charge back, such as Bitcoin (and other virtual currencies), Western Union or our favourite, TransferWise!
TransferWise is a new service from the people who built Skype, to send money around the globe from one bank account to another, at super small fees and no charge back.
The process is very simple: your buyer sends the money to the account TW provides for him in his country, by using internet banking or his credit card; after TW receives the cash, you will get an email to provide your bank account info and the money will be transferred from an account TW has in your country.
This is a new service that we like very much, considering the fees and the fact you can't be charged back, plus some of the people who work there are DOTA lovers :)
If you want to give them a try, click on their logo below, you'll get your first transfer for free for up to £3,000 and you'll help our community by using their service.